We all know a balanced diet is very significant in order to gain a healthy body and to grow properly. However, do you really know what type of vitamins and minerals that you need or you are lacking based on some symptoms that your body shows? Or are you the kind of person that consumes a lot of supplements daily without knowing the functions of them? Let’s scroll down to have a look at some essential vitamins that your body needs and get the sources where you could gain these vitamins!
1. Vitamin C - Vitamin C is a water-soluble which is really vital for the immune system. Vitamin C has a role to prevent our cells from free radical damage as it is an antioxidant. It also helps our bodies to generate collagen, which facilitates wound healing.
Food that contains high Vitamin C: Kiwi, Citrus, Broccoli, Tomatoes, Potatoes, Strawberries
2. Omega-3 - Omega-3 is the beneficial fatty acid found in fish, fish oil, Algal oil or hemp seeds. It will lower your blood pressure and slow down the development of plaque in the arteries. It has been recommended by the American Heart Association (AHA) for the past 20 years to reduce heart disease.
Food that contains high Omega-3: Fish and seafood (especially cold-water fatty fish, such as salmon and sardines), Nuts and seeds, Plant oils, Fortified foods like eggs, yogurt, milk
3. Iron - Iron is required for the formation of red blood cells, particularly haemoglobin. A lot of essential activities in the body, including basic generation of energy and attention, gastrointestinal processes, the immune system, and body temperature control, are all aided by iron. If your body has insufficient iron, you may suffer anemia which may cause you to feel tired and short of breath.
Food that contains high iron: Meat (especially red meat and liver), Seafood, Beans, Tofu, Broccoli.
4. Vitamin A - Vitamin A, also known as a carotenoid, is great for your eyes and aids in the prevention of chronic illnesses. Besides that, Vitamin A is an important element for good reproduction. Vitamin A also helps the organs like heart, lungs and kidneys to perform properly.
Food that contains high Vitamin A: Liver, Fish oils, Orange and yellow vegetables and fruits
5. Calcium - Calcium is very essential for bone and teeth growth as around 99% of the calcium in the human body is in the bones and teeth. Calcium is also required for the normal functioning of your heart, muscles, and nerves.
Food that contains high calcium: Milk, Cheese, Green leafy vegetables
Except for these vitamins and minerals, absolutely there are other more vitamins that your body needs. Remember to pay more attention to your body symptoms and get what you really need!