The thrilling trend of orchestrating the first-ever premier of your budding romance for a targeted audience to gawk over has been around since the existence of the internet, we'd argue. However, a new fancier term has recently been introduced, specifically "soft launching". At the risk of sounding like corporate jargon, the exhilarating culture of soft launching has brought forth exciting new guidelines to dating in this new era. But first, what is "soft launch"?
At this point I only want a boyfriend so I can soft launch him on my insta story.— Maggie ( @MaggieeCaldwell) October 6, 2021
"Soft-launch" is the subtle, most often gradual, revelation of your significant other through a series of carefully calculated online posts that expose just enough details to invoke mystery. It's the delicate art of announcing the status of your relationship without it being too much or too grand. Some may call it theatrical, but it's a fail-proof method of introducing a character that might have an expiration date.
1. The oh-so-mysterious dinner companion
2. Cheeky car backshots AKA classic no-face reveal
3. Pictures of you wearing their clothes, because it's cute
4. Sneak peek selfies where you're showing just enough, and not too much
5. Hand on the thigh pictures, can't skip this
6. "Hidden" elevator selfies
7. Errand trip quick snaps
What other soft-launch ideas have you witnessed online? Share with us!