Sarawak Woman Unknowingly Bought Worm-Infested Corndogs At Food Festival, Urges Vendors To Be More Honest In Selling Food

×

SEARCH FOR

Input your search keywords and press Enter.

Trending

Sarawak Woman Unknowingly Bought Worm-Infested Corndogs At Food Festival, Urges Vendors To Be More Honest In Selling Food

31-Jul-2023
By Ayunie

A heart-wrenching incident has come to light, involving a woman who was left in tears after witnessing her sister's suffering from sickness and vomiting, believed to be caused by consuming a corn dog that was infested with dozens of large maggots.


Nor Fazilah, the woman in question, expressed her deep disappointment through a heartfelt Facebook post, directing her concern towards the vendor's apparent lack of consideration for food hygiene and freshness.


In her post, she acknowledged the potential sensitivity of the matter, apologizing if her words might offend anyone, but emphasized the importance of honesty and prioritizing cleanliness, especially among those involved in selling food items.


https://image.goody25.com/images/catalog/59661/20230731_16907878532011_mobile.jpeg
Source: Facebook


Nor Fazilah narrated the unfortunate incident, recounting her visit to Pesta Gedong in Kuching the previous night. On her way back, her sister requested a corn dog, which typically comes at a price of RM10 for two sticks. However, it was not the cost that troubled her but the lack of cleanliness in the food. Witnessing her sister fall sick after consuming the corn dog was a heart-wrenching experience for her.


Corn dogs are sausages skewered on sticks and coated with a thick layer of cornmeal batter before being deep-fried, but this particular one contained a shocking surprise. The discovery of numerous large maggots inside the corn dog after they had consumed more than half of it left both sisters distraught.


Nor Fazilah expressed how devastating it was to hear her sister vomiting, prompting tears to flow uncontrollably. The situation was made more challenging by their distance from the Pesta Gedong location, as she felt compelled to confront the vendor if they were nearby.


However, her intention was not to argue but to stress the importance of not selling items that are not in good condition, as her sister is particularly susceptible to falling sick if she consumes anything unsuitable.


"When we opened the corn dog, there were many big white maggots in it," she added, emphasizing the severity of the contamination.


https://image.goody25.com/images/catalog/59661/20230731_16907878883231_mobile.jpeg
Source: Facebook


In light of this unfortunate incident, Nor Fazilah passionately appealed to the public to exercise caution when purchasing food. While she acknowledged that blame cannot be solely placed on the sellers, she urged them to ensure the quality and safety of their products.


She expressed her distress over the fact that it wasn't just one or two maggots found, but numerous ones, leading her to wonder how many others might have unknowingly consumed contaminated food from the same vendor.


The incident has deeply impacted Nor Fazilah and her sister, and it has sparked concern and unease among many netizens who shared their sympathies and support for the victims.


What do you think of this incident? Comment below. 

Gedong food festival kuching worm corndogs hygiene food poisoning


Ayunie

Matcha-fueled Aries reporting for duty.

Report

Trending


22-Year-Old IPTA Student In Kelantan Suffers Critical Injuries After Her Former Roommate Attacked Her With Sulphuric Acid

Trending   1 Week ago

22-Year-Old IPTA Student In Kelantan Suffers Critical Injuries After Her Former Roommate Attacked Her With Sulphuric Acid

Trending   1 Week ago

Man Miraculously Survives After His Mobile Phone Triggers Explosion While Refueling Car At Petrol Station

Life   1 Day ago