Nothing like devouring some sugar-coated churros where the guilt trip is pretty much non-existent. One bite after another just feels like an endless parade of happiness! Believe it or not, you can say goodbye to spending bucks buying them. Thanks to the air fryer, you can actually make these at the comforts of your home, hassle-free!
Inspired by: Cooking Light
What You'll Need:
Water, 1/2 cup
Salt, 1/4 teaspoon
Unsalted butter, 1/4 cup
All-purpose flour, 1/2 cup
Granulated sugar, 1/3 cup
2 large eggs
Ground cinnamon, 2 teaspoons
Bittersweet baking chocolate (finely chopped), 120g
Heavy cream, 3 tablespoons
Vanilla kefir, 2 tablespoons
1. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, boil water, salt, and 1/4 cup of the butter. Reduce the heat to medium-low.
2. Add flour, then stir vigorously for 30 seconds with a wooden spoon until dough is smooth. Continue cooking by stirring constantly, until dough starts to pull away from the sides of pan and a film forms on the bottom.
3. Transfer the dough into a medium bowl. Stir constantly until slightly cooled. Add eggs, 1 at a time, and stir constantly until it becomes completely smooth after each addition. Transfer the mixture into a piping bag. Let it chill for 30 minutes.
4. Pipe 6 pieces in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook at 180°C until golden, for about 10 minutes. Repeat with the remaining dough.
5. In a medium bowl, stir together sugar and cinnamon . Brush the cooked churros with some melted butter, and coat in sugar mixture.
6. In a microwavable bowl, add chocolate and cream . Microwave for 30 seconds until melted and smooth. Stir in the kefir. Lastly, serve the churros with chocolate sauce.