Malaysian Prime Minister Ismail Sabri has just announced that Malaysia is finally moving into the endemic stage starting April 1st, 2022, which also signals for the reopening of Malaysia's borders. Here's everything you need to know about the announcement:
# New enforcements:
- Wearing a mask is still mandatory in public
- The usage of MySejahtera is still enforced, except in open spaces that are not crowded
- MySJTrace (Bluetooth contact-tracing function) will be required in public spaces
# New travel SOPs:
- Malaysians can now travel worldwide!
- Malaysian travelers with relevant documents can return to the country without applying for a MyTravelPass permit
- Fully-vaccinated travelers will not need to undergo quarantine when entering Malaysia, however, they will still be required to take an RT-PCR swab test 2 days prior to departure as well as an RTK test 24 hours upon arrival at KLIA/KLIA2
- Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) across other countries are also encouraged, wherever available
# Other important things:
- No more curfew for business operation hours (can lepak mamak till 3 AM again!)
- F&B can now operate for 24 hours again
- Malaysians are free to travel anywhere domestically regardless of vaccination status
How do you feel about this latest announcement? Do share with us in the comment section.