Malaysia has recently announced their SOPs relaxation, and now Thailand seems to have followed suit! Read below to find out everything you need to know if you're planning to visit the Land of Smiles anytime soon!
First, this is what you'll need to prepare to enter Thailand:
+ Thailand Pass registration
+ Insurance with minimum coverage of $10,000
+ A Covid-19 vaccination or recovery certificate
+ Thai visa (if required)
Now without further ado, here are the new travel rules if you wish to take a vacation to Thailand, starting May 1st:
For fully vaccinated travelers:
1. Travellers and tourists who wish to enter Thailand are no longer required to undergo quarantine or take an RT-PCR Covid-19 test pre-travel and upon arrival.
2. The health insurance coverage has been lowered from $20,000 to US$10,000
For partially or unvaccinated travelers:
1. They are required to register for Thailand Pass, which includes a five-day hotel booking,
2. They are also required to take an RT-PCR test on the fifth day,
3. Must acquire an insurance policy with coverage of at least $10,000.
4. However, they will be allowed entry if can provide proof of a negative RT-PCR test within 72 hours of travel via the Thailand Pass system.
IMPORTANT: All travelers, regardless of vaccination status, must first register on the Thailand Pass website.
Excited to travel soon? Share this with your friends and loved ones so everyone can be informed and ready for hassle-free travels!
Source: The Bangkok Post