Don't let celebrating Merdeka indoors this coming week bore you. If you're doing the usual Netflix and chill (we won't judge), obviously you'd want to munch on some snacks while you're at it.
Perhaps something sweet in mind? If that's a yes, then you should definitely try your hands on this cottony cloud bread that's making the rounds on TikTok.
Inspired by: i am a food blog
What You'll Need:
- Egg whites, 3
- Cornstarch, 1 tbs
- Sugar, 2.5 tbs
1. In a grease-free bowl, whip the egg whites on medium-low until it's frothy.
2. Stir in sugar on high by adding a little bit at a time, until the sugar dissolves and egg whites foam up.
3. Add cornstarch by sifting it to prevent lumps. Continue whipping on high until the egg whites turn to a glossy thick meringue with a peak.
4. Add blue and red food coloring to the meringue for a colorful effect.
5. You can start shaping the cloud using a rubber spatula by scooping out the meringue.
6. Bake on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, in an oven set to 150°C for 20 minutes.