Wahh, can #RentasNegeri and also #RentasNegara already! I see you’ve been busy looking at hotels, flight tickets and calculating your budgets for your fabulous trip to forget all about the past 2 years!
Pump the brakes for a second though, have you checked your passport to see if its expired or not?
I can bet you it’s expired because it’s been two years since we could travel last.
Anyway, not to worry, you can now renew your passport online BUT it is only for passports that are expired for less than a year. If your passport has expired for more than a year then you have to go to the nearest immigration office to renew it.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to renew your passport online:
You will be directed to a page that looks like this:
It might look complicated but calm down and don’t feel overwhelmed. It is just a page explaining all the terms and conditions and more.
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you’ll see this:
3. Click on Agree.
4. Then you will be taken to a site where you have to key-in your passport details to enable the site to identify your old passport. After keying in your details, click on search.
5. On the next page, you will have to fill in the required particulars and then upload your image. Please make sure your image follows these specifications:
6. Once you’ve fill up and double checked the particulars needed, click on “Update”.
7. Then, you will receive a notification that your application has been accepted: “PERMOHONAN ANDA TELAH DITERIMA”.
8. Next, you will have to make your payment. Payment can be made via credit card or using direct debit facilities (FPX). Choose whichever option that works for you and make your payment.
9. Make sure you print TWO COPIES of your receipt, one for your personal records and another to bring with you when collecting your passport.
10. Next, refer to the date on your receipt. You will have to go to the location you stated in step 4 to collect your new passport. Most of the time the date given will be the next day.
11. When you reach the counter, you will have to hand over your old passport and the receipt mentioned in step 9.
12. The officer will then give you your new passport and invalidate your old one.
13. Go on, live your life and travel to wherever you want to!