Adulting can be hard, on top of the work and finding the time to have a social life, most often than not, we forget just letting our mind, body and soul rest.
Despite the hours many take in a day to get actual sleep, most adults do not get a solid 8 hours, and even though 8 hours may seem long, in reality, it is evidentially what our bodies need.
There is more than one aftereffect which would arise from a lack of sleep, especially in the long run, and here they are.
1. Loss of memory
2. Weight gain
4. A stroke
5. Heart attacks
7. High blood pressure
That being said, here are a few practices to go about so that you sleep better.
1. Embrace sunlight in the morning
2. Reduce blue light at night (screens/lightbulbs)
3. Cool body temperature (16-19 degrees celcius)
4. Take a hot shower before bed
5. Avoid high intensity exercises 2 hours before bed
6. Limit caffeine intake
7. Practice healthy activities (meditating/journaling)
8. Find a good time to wake up
9. Don't eat before bed