This famous KFC‘s coleslaw copycat recipe is the creation of Todd Wilbur who is best known for his very own copycat recipes of mainstream fast-food classics that taste so satisfyingly similar to the originals!
Don't believe it? Try making it on your own and see what you think!
• 8 cups of finely chopped cabbage
• 1/4 cups of shredded carrot
• 2 tablespoons of minced onion
• 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
• 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
• 1/4 cup of milk
• 1/4 cup of buttermilk
• 2 1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice
• 1 1/2 tablespoons of vinegar
• 1/2 teaspoon of salt
• 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
picture credit: Insanely Good Recipes
1. Chop up cabbage and carrots down to the size of rice. The target is to chop them as fine as possible.
2. Mix the mayonnaise, sugar, milk, buttermilk, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a bowl until smooth.
3. Add finely chopped cabbage and carrot as well as the minced onion into the mixture.
4. Refrigerate before serving.
picture credit: today.com
This takes about 15 mins to make, and not any second longer. Perfect for days when you just can't be bothered to spend more than half an hour in the kitchen. Remember, the key is to get your cabbages and carrot to be chopped so fine they're almost the size of rice!