After every interview, your interviewer’s question is: So, do you have any questions?
Most of the time, our answer is, no and the interview ends.
Well, we’re here for some sure-off questions that would pique the interest of your hiring manager.
1. How would I collaborate with my manager?
This question can help you understand how your role would fit with your managers, and how you can use your talents for your company’s as well as personal growth.
2. What’s your favourite thing about working for this company?
Learning about what your interviewer’s experience is like working at the company, would help you understand what your future could be like, working for the company.
3. What typically surprises new employees when they start here?
This will tell you about the company culture, the green flags and the red flags to watch out for.
4. What would a typical day in this role look like for me?
This will help you envision what your everyday would look like, and the skills to make things work. It will also help you connect with your interviewer, because they’ll be made to see you in that role.
5. How do you see this company evolving in the next 5 years?
This question will show your hiring manager that you’re thinking about both your future as well as the company’s. It will also help you decide where do you want to be in 5 years.
6. What growth opportunities will I have in this role?
This will help you understand if this opportunity will provide you with career growth.
At the end of the day, these questions will just show the hiring manager that you care, and you’re not just another candidate.
After all, you’re seeking them out just as much as they’re seeking you out.