If hiking is your go-to activity, you might need to know this! Some hiking spots in Malaysia require a hiking permit. Here is a list of those places.
You might get fined if you're not carrying a permit. So, make sure to apply for one before going out for your adventure.
Here's how to apply:
1. Visit Selangor Forestry Department's website.
2. Click 'Info Awam'.
3. Select `Gerbang Perkhidmatan Awam'.
4. Click 'Muat Turun'.
5. Download the form labelled under 'Permit'.
6. Fill the form.
7. Make three copies of the form.
8. Pay a fee of RM5 per person to the Pejabat Hutan Daerah via post or bank draft under the name of 'Bendahari Negeri Selangor'. Attach your form as well.
Important: Make sure to apply for the permit at least 1 week before your hiking date. Also, you are allowed to hike in a group of seven only.
Check out more hiking spots in Malaysia here.