A white top is a wardrobe staple and it‘s almost considered a crime if your wardrobe is devoid of them. However, it takes a whole village to keep it looking new, and to err is human, therefore we cannot avoid accidentally getting them dirty sometimes.
So, how do you get rid of those stubborn yellow stain that somehow magically appears on your white shirt after some time? Here are a few methods.
# With Baking Soda And Lemon Juice
1. Soak your clothes in water.
2. Add equal parts baking soda and lemon juice (or just eyeball it).
3. leave for 30 minutes to one hour.
4. Rinse and let dry.
#Vinegar And Water
1. Mix equal parts of vinegar and water into a spray bottle.
2. Spray directly onto the stain, and let it sit.
3. After an hour or so, rinse in cold water.
4. Repeat until the stain has faded, then let it dry.
# Whitening Toothpaste And Old Toothbrush
1. Scrub the stain on your t-shirt with toothpaste using any old toothbrush.
2. Wash, rinse then let it dry.
3. This typically only works on cotton fabric, and if you're using toothpaste with whitening properties.
# Paracetamol And Water (If you don't have anything else)
1. Grind 2-3 tablets (depending on the stain) into powder.
2. Mix the powder with hot water until it becomes a paste.
3. Rub the paste onto the stain and let it sit for an hour or so.
4. Wash, rinse then let it dry.
Wearing a white top makes anyone look effortlessly put together, although it does come with a price. So it might come in handy to remember these tips if you're one to hoard white t-shirts.