In case you’re a Studio Ghibli noob, Studio Ghibli Inc. is a Japanese animation film studio best known for its animated feature films. Some of its most famous animation films are Spirited Away and Howl’s Moving Castle.
If you log on to Netflix and search for Stdio Ghibli, you’ll find a lot of different animated films to choose from. One of them is Ponyo.
Ponyo tells the story of a 5-year-old boy named Sosuke who forges a friendship with a goldfish princess names Ponyo who desperately wants to become human.
In the movie, Sosuke’s mum is seen making a warm drink for both Sosuke and Pnyo, while many wondered if it was tea, the official Studio Ghibli food book states that it is in fact milk.
Honestly, there’s nothing better on a cold rainy day than a hot and comforting mug of hot milk. Spice things up a little by recreating this famous and super easy Studio Ghibli Recipe for Ponyo’s Ho Honey Milk.
What you will need:
+ 1 cup milk
+ 1 heaping tbsp honey
+ cinnamon powder
What you need to do:
1. In a small pot on a stove or in a microwave, heat the milk. Make sure it doesn’t boil though, you just want it to steam. Mix occasionally to prevent burning.
2. Pour the hot milk into a mug.
3. Stir in your heaping spoonful of honey.
4. Sprinkle on some cinnamon powder.
5. Take a sip of the creamy goodness and enjoy.