Clear phone cases are sooo tempting yet sooo risky. Yes, it looks good on your phone, especially if your phone comes in fancy colors worth showcasing but there‘s also that problem where they turn yellowish after a few months.
Why do they turn yellow?
Often made from silicone, clear phone cases inevitably fade to yellow as they age, as a result of sun exposure and daily activities. However, these stains can be removed with a few cleaning methods.
# With Soap Water Or Laundry Detergent (85% effective)
1. Soak phone case in soap water or laundry detergent for 5-10 minutes
2. Clean the phone case with a used toothbrush until the yellow stain wears off
# With Bleach Water (85% effective)
1. Soak the phone case in bleach water.
2. Remember to wear gloves and a face mask as bleach can be irritating
3. Dry it under the sun.
# With Baking Soda (70% effective)
1. Sprinkle baking soda all over the phone case
2. Brush it with a wet toothbrush all over.
3. Wash and let dry.
# With Rubbing Alcohol (50% effective)
1. Dampen a microfibre cloth in rubbing alcohol solution.
2. Wipe it all over the phone case.
3. Let it air dry.
It's worth noting that these cleaning tips would not work if the stain is caused by oxidization. That kind of decoloration is sadly irreversible. With that being said, it's probably best to just get a new phone cover if it's the case.