Skincare besties unite!
Do you ever feel like you’re doing everything right with your face, but your skin is still not where you’d like it to be?
We know why, and we’re here to give you a way out of the maze.
Best believe us when we say that retinol is really the best answer to your skincare issues.
Whether it is hyperpigmentation, uneven skin tones, blackheads, whiteheads, textured skin, inflamed bumps, oily face, aging so on and so forth, retinol would work as a magical eraser.
What does it do?
Retinol is actually a form of Vitamin A and it is usually added into skin creams, lotions and serums.
However, the product has been widely recommended as a standalone.
However, it is a skincare addition that takes some time to build resistance on skin. This means that using a high concentrate retinol can have some pretty damning effects; redness, burns, breakouts.
It needs to be gradually increased so a tolerance is built.
Besides that, some skins may also need to go through some downtime before coming out on top. Hanging in there is a good option, because in the long-run, there’s only up!
Myths - don’t believe everything you see
Not everything you read or hear about using retinol is true though. It is important to decipher fact from fake.
Here are a few:
1. You can only use retinol past the age of 25 - The truth is you can use it the moment you feel like you want better skin for yourself
2. The higher the retinol % the better - The best retinol is the one that works for you. It’s about building tolerance.
3. Retinol thins the skin - Retinol strengthens the skin by regenerating collagen production.
Tips when using Retinol
As you make your retinol pick, here 3 important things to first remember:
• Do not mix other products which have AHA, BHA and PHA when you’re using retinol
• Do not use vitamin C with retinol
• Make sure to moisturize/hydrate your face after using retinol
Here’s some Retinol suggestions for you beginners!
1. Innisfree Retinol Cica Repair Ampoule
2. Olay Retinol 24
3. Paula’s Choice 0.3% Retinol + 2% Bakuchiol Treatment