Chinese New Year is just around the corner! Have you prepared or bought the Chinese New Year cookies? If not, here is a simple yet yummy Peanut Butter Cookies recipe for you! You may adjust the level of sugar if you prefer a healthy diet~
100 gr roasted unsalted peanuts
80 gr icing sugar
180 gr all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
50 gr cooking oil
1 egg yolk + 1 tsp water
1. Preheat the conventional oven to 350 F (180 C) (bottom heat only). Reduce the temperature by 20 degrees if using a convection oven (top and bottom heat).
2. Lightly beat the egg yolk with 1 tsp water to make the egg wash. Set it aside.
1. Use a food processor to grind the roasted peanuts until they are finely ground.
Prepare the cookie dough:
1. Mix the ground peanut, sugar, flour, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir them.
2. After that, gradually add in the cooking oil.
*Remember not to pour in all at once as the portion might be over.
3. Then, stir the mixture until the dough comes together to a point where it can be pressed into a dough. *If the dough is too dry, add a little extra oil until it reaches a consistency that will not break apart.
Shaping the dough:
1. Shape the dough into balls.
*You may decide on the size of the balls but it is recommended to make the balls in around 10 gram for each.
2. Place the balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper about 1/2 inch apart.
*You may also make the balls in a variety of ways. Make a tiny indentation in the centre with a straw, or gently push the dough ball down with a fork while producing the crossing pattern.
Bake the cookies:
1. Brush the cookies with egg wash and bake for about 15-17 minutes. The appearance of the cookies will become golden brown.
*You may add another 5 minutes if you like a crispier texture.
2. Remove the cookies from the oven and set them aside to cool for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
Store the cookies in the air-tight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.
Recipe from: What To Cook Today
That's the simple recipe! Hurry up to try it out and enjoy the cookies with your lovely family and friends during this Chinese New Year~