The weather has gotten unbearable, and laziness has set in unprecedented amounts.
We're dehydrated, more fatigued, so naps are starting to become a general go-to.
However, there are a few things you need to know about afternoon naps.
First things first, there are numerous benefits like:
- Feeling more relaxed
- Lesser fatigued
- More alert
- A better mood
- Better memory
- Better performance
However, there are also downsides to napping during the day. They include feeling groggy and disoriented after waking up from a nap and the inability to sleep at night.
Thus, it is important to have naps when it is only extremely necessary.
- When you're feeling sudden fatigue or tiredness
- When you're trying to catch up on sleep
- When you intend to make it a part of your daily routine
What are some tips to consider?
1. Keep afternoon naps short - they're called naps for a reason
2. Take naps in the early afternoon - this way it doesn't interfere with your sleep cycle and you feel better
3. Create an environment that is rest friendly - cool, comfortable and minimal distractions
And there you have it, happy napping folks!