Imperfect skin is a bitch.
As much as we love self-love, most of us often attempt to better the quality of our skin as we age. There is just a different level of confidence which stems from flawless skin.
We're often plagued with varied skin problems, and most times, unsure of the products to use in order to solve those problems.
To simplify your understanding of skincare, we gathered the different products for your skin problems.
1. Niacinamide - reduces acne, redness and discoloration
2. Vitamin C - slows down aging, brightens complexion
3. Salicylic Acid - clears up pores, prevents breakouts
5. Hyaluronic Acid - retains moisture, keeps skin firm
6. Arbutin - fades hyperpigmentation and scars
7. AHA & BHA - removes dead skin cells, anti-aging
8. Tranexamic Acid - brightens dull, hyperpigmented skin
9. Benzoyl Peroxide - treats acne
10. Glycolic Acid - sheds dead skin cells, brightens skin, reduce fine lines
11. Azelaic Acid - treats acne
12. Lactic Acid - increases cell turnover, eliminates dead skin cells
However, knowing what ingredients/products to use in your skincare alone is not enough. On top of that must come discipline and consistency. Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither will a flawless face.
Here is what you should do based on frequency of usage.
2. Face masks
3. Eye creams
Perfect skin is an ongoing effort which would fail most times before you finally succeed. It is important to know what works for your face, and to keep doing it day in and day out for months and years.
No pain, no gain right?